Problem: Won’t turn onIf you find that your Note 5 has gone completely unresponsive, and it won’t turn on when you press the Power button, don’t panic.
- Hold down Power and Volume down together for around ten seconds. The Note 5 should vibrate and reboot. If you get a Maintenance Boot Mode menu, just select Normal Boot.
- Plug your Note 5 into the charger, and let it charge for at least half an hour. Then try turning it on. If it doesn’t respond, try holding Power and Volume down together again for ten seconds.
- Plug your Note 5 into your computer or laptop to see if it responds.
- Try holding the Power, Volume up, and Home buttons together. You should see the Android mascot on screen, followed by the recovery menu. Try highlighting reboot system now and press Power to select it.
- If it still won’t respond, then it’s time to contact Samsung, your carrier, or the retailer.